Tuesday 26 November 2013

Captain's message


I must admit that being voted on as captain of the BLCGA came as a bit of a surprise last night, but I will do my best to continue the good work done by previous captains.  I welcome Sharon Paterson and Elaine Brotherstone on to the committee.
As you may already know, as the Border Ladies Junior Convenor, I have been a keen advocate for junior golf and with our youngsters now competing on the national stage I am very optimistic for our future.  I will endeavour to bring the same enthusiasm to my new position by encouraging our membership, both young and old, (and all those in between!!) to participate in this game which we all love. 
Last night, Gillian Oliver, presented Isobel Massie with honorary life membership of the BLCGA, a fitting accolade for someone who, as a previous captain and president, has been and continues to be, one of the County’s staunchest supporters.
I look forward to seeing you all in 2014
Fiona Ker