Monday 22 September 2014

County finals Hilton Park


The Borders team came third this weekend after winning their final match 5-4 against East Lothian on Sunday.  Winning the morning foursomes 2-1 (Julie Birdsall, Carina Bunyan won 1 up and Sharon Paterson & Leanne Wilson won 3&2) the afternoon singles were shared (Danielle Ker won 3&2, Leanne Wilson won 4&3, Judith Anderson won 3&2)
It was a disappointing start against the favourites Angus on Friday, going down in the 3 morning foursomes.  The girls rallied with 2 1/2 points from the afternoon (Danielle winning 5&4, Julie, Leanne & Judith all halved).
Julie and Carina scored all the points in Saturday's match against Renfrewshire winning their foursomes 2&1. In the singles Julie won7&6 and Carina halved
The team had a great weekend, I am so proud of them all, their commitment to the job in hand was first class with all members pulling for each other. The caddies Kirsty and Gillian did a great job throughout.
Finally to my 2 sidekicks Denise and Marny I thank you for standing in for me until Sunday afternoon whilst I was otherwise occupied at my daughter's wedding.